Photo Credit (toolstop)
A warehouse/stores person role is to organise the warehouse, organise receival/dispatch operations and receival/dispatch documentation, order and store new stock in appropriate areas, coordinate stocktaking. As a stores person you will be required to operate a Forklift or a electric pedestrian forklift, and depending on the position you may be required to operate larger machines such as Front End Loaders. To work as a warehouse / stores person role you will require a Certificate III in Transport and Logistics.
The job opportunities that can present themselves for a warehouse/stores person can range from a small company to that of a large scale industrial project in the resource sector.
Duties and Tasks
- Follow OHS procedures when loading and unloading goods
- Organise receival/dispatch operations
- Complete receival/dispatch documentation
- Organise stock with different inventory systems
- Coordinate warehouse and lay down yard stocktaking
- Order and store new stock
- Maintain freight records
- Learn appropriate product knowledge
- Control the storage of hazardous goods and it’s safe working documentation ie. Flammable liquids or explosive
- Good communication skills
- Well organised
- Work neatly and accurately
- Learn to use computers and other electronics.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.