In the ‘How to get a job at …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Ravenhall Prison Project
From the Ravenhall Prison Project website
- Approx 700 jobs at its construction peak.
- Approx 600 ongoing jobs once it is complete.
- Prison located within the existing Department of Justice precinct at Ravenhall
- Construction began in Feb 2015,
- Planned to be completed towards the end of 2017.
Companies Involved with the Ravenhall Prison Project
- John Holland, Honeywell & Partners – have been selected as preferred contractor to design and construct the Ravenhall Prison at Deer Park in Melbourne, in consortium with GEO, Honeywell and Capella Capital.
Occupations Required at the Ravenhall Prison Project
- Electrical Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Building Trades
- Mobile Plant Operator / Truck Driver
- Cleaning Staff
- Crane Operators
- Labourer / Trades Assistant
- Metal Trades
- Health & Safety
Qualifications to help you get a foot in at the Ravenhall Prison Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and / or VIC Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Ravenhall Prison Project Union Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
We are yet to find EBA’s for this project. As this project moves forward the appropriate EBA’s will be uploaded into this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, better manage your tickets and resumes?
For all of the above it’s just $12 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel
or contact us at anytime.