Thought about working in the Civil Construction industry? Why not, taking into consideration Civil Construction opportunities are constantly popping up throughout Australia with a continual increase in infrastructure projects, housing subdivisons and public roads. With that said and your time and money in mind, a Roller ticket is the first ticket you’ll want to acquire as they’re the least technical machine to operate.
Conduct Roller Operations RIIMPO317D (Roller Ticket)
This specific qualification can be achieved differently, depending on what suits your circumstances best.
Full Formal Training – Usually a 2-3 day course in which you must satisfy all National Standards. After this course is complete and if you pass you will recieve a Roller Ticket.
Log Book Training – A log book will be issued to you, in which you will need to build up hours on the job. You are required to be under supervision of a person that holds a WPHS licence for the machine you are training on.
Note : When applying for jobs it is more commonly preferred by employers to have the formal qualification, in this case your Roller Ticket, so you’re able to hit the ground running.
What you will learn when sitting the course for a Roller Ticket…
- Roller types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
- Basic principles of soil technology for civil works
- Basic principles of soil compaction
- Site and equipment safety requirements
- Rolling/compacting techniques related to essential tasks
- Processes for interpreting drawings and sketches
- Operational, maintenance and basic diagnostic procedures
- Site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities
- Materials safety data sheet and materials handling methods
- Project quality requirements
- Civil construction terminology
- Methods of changing machine attachments
- Safe operating techniques in all terrain
- Basic earthworks calculations
- Civil construction activity sequences of road construction, earthworks and drainage
- Levelling techniques
- JSA’s/Safe work method statement
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (Anthony)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, better manage your tickets and resumes?
For all of the above it’s just $12 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel
or contact us at anytime.