In the ‘Job Sites’ series we run over the major Australian Blue collar job sites from all over this big beautiful country of ours, plus a few other exotic locations. In each post we include an Overview of the site, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, potential Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that may help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements – if there are any. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major job sites around Australia.
Note: ‘Job Site’ articles are aimed to help workers looking for production, maintenance, shutdown and contracting work. If you are looking for Major Construction Project Jobs you may want to check out our Major Project Articles.
About the Cadia Valley Operations (CVO)
Gold and Copper mines 25km’s from Orange in NSW.
- 100% owned by Newcrest.
- One of Australia’s largest gold mining operations.
- CVO comprises three mines:
- Cadia East underground mine (commenced commercial production on 1 January 2013).
- Ridgeway underground mine (currently on care and maintenance).
- Cadia Hill open pit mine (currently on care and maintenance).
- Newcrest invested approximately $2.1 billion over five years constructing Cadia East, the deepest panel cave in the world.
- Cadia East has a 30+ year reserve life.
- CVO produced 667,418 ounces of gold and 73,697 tonnes of copper last financial year (ending 30th June 2015).
- CVO has no on-site accommodation.
- Many employees and their families live in Orange.
Companies Involved with the Cadia Valley Operations (CVO)
- Newcrest Mining Limted – Owner / Operator.
Companies that hold or have held contracts with the Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) for shutdowns and projects in the past:
- RCR Tomlinson – Awarded $25 million contract for new materials handling facility and other infrastructure. Announced 9th May 2016.
We will continually update this list overtime and share any announcements.
For the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Occupations Potentially Required for Jobs at Cadia Valley Operations (CVO)
- Instrumentation & Electrical Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Plant Operators
- Mobile Plant Operators
- Underground Plant Operators
- Underground Mobile Plant Operators
- Cleaning Staff
- Labourer / Trades Assistants
- Health & Safety
Qualifications to Potentially Help you get a Job at Cadia Valley Operations (CVO)
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and / or Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Drivers Licences
- Cert IV or III Instrumentation (For Electricians)
- Cert III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue (Metal Stream)
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Safe Working in Confined Space Course
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate. Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Disclaimer: Cribhut Group is not an employer or recruiter for the above mentioned site, this article is provided for information purposes only. Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, better manage your tickets and resumes?
For all of the above it’s just $12 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel
or contact us at anytime.