In the ‘How to get a start at …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Gruyere Gold Project
- Project is a Joint Venture between Gold Road Resources & Gold Field Ltd.
- Located about 200 km’s East of Laverton, WA.
- The EPC Contract is valued at $298 million.
- Estimated 300 people on site at peak construction with mobilisation to begin in August 2017.
- Completion of construction scheduled for December 2018.
- Scope of works:
- process plant;
- administration office;
- workshop and warehouse;
- main water pipelines;
- and powerlines to the borefield.
Occupations Required at the Gruyere Gold Project
- Electrical Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Building Trades
- Rigging / Scaffolding
- Mobile Plant Operators / Truck Drivers
- Cleaning Staff
- Crane Operators
- Labourers / Trades Assistants
- Metal Trades
- Health & Safety
Qualifications to help you get a foot in at the Gruyere Gold Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and / or WA Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Companies Involved with the Gruyere Gold Project
- Gold Road Resources & Gold Field Ltd JV- Owner – Gruyere Gold Project
- ACJV (Amec Foster Wheeler Civmec JV) – $298M EPC contract – The scope of work includes the detailed design, procurement and installation of the process plant, administration office, workshop and warehouse, as well as the main water pipelines and powerlines to the borefield.
We are keeping a keen eye on all announcements and this post will be continually updated over the life of the Project.
To stay in the loop with the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Gruyere Gold Project Union Greenfields Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
At this stage of the project no EBA’s are available for the Gruyere Gold Project. As any EBA’s are released they will be updated into this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, better manage your tickets and resumes?
For all of the above it’s just $12 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel
or contact us at anytime.