In the ‘Watching for jobs …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects from all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Groundwater Replenishment Project
Quick facts :
- Groundwater Replenishment Scheme consists of several projects
- Advanced Water Recycling Plant – expansion will double the recharge capacity of the Craigie site from 14 to 28 billion litres
- 13klm recharge pipeline extending to the north-east of the plant
- two recharge sites in Wanneroo and Neerabup.
- expected to create 170 jobs
- total cost expected to be $262 million
- Groundwater replenishment is the process where secondary treated wastewater undergoes advanced treatment to produce recycled water. This water, which is now of drinking quality, is then recharged into an aquifer. The water will remain in the aquifer for decades before it is drawn out at another location, treated at a water treatment plant and added to the water supply scheme.
Occupations Potentially Required for the Groundwater Replenishment Project
A construction job like this will usually require:
- Electrical & Instrumentation Trades
- Plumbing Trades
- Refrigeration Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Metal Trades
- Building Trades/Formworkers
- Mobile Plant Operator / Truck Driver
- Crane Operators
- Labourers / Trades Assistants
- Peggy’s /Cleaning Staff
- Health & Safety
Qualifications that may help you get a foot in at the Groundwater Replenishment Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and WA Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- Cert IV or III Instrumentation (For Electricians)
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening.
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Companies / Organisations Involved with the Groundwater Replenishment Project
- Owner / operator – Water Corporation
Advanced Water Recycling Plant – Clough and SUEZ JV have secured the Engineering, Procurement and Construction contract to expand the Craigie Advanced Water Recycling Plant.
For the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Groundwater Replenishment Project Project Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
We are yet to find any EBA’s for this project. As we find any EBA’s they will be added to this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, better manage your tickets and resumes?
For all of the above it’s just $12 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel
or contact us at anytime.